Free Fire by Garena has been steadily rising in popularity ever since its release and is topping the charts of the most downloaded mobile games in the past few years, with millions of new players signing up every month.
However, the arcade game is officially available for iOS and Android platforms only which can be a bit limiting for professional players. The good news is that there are some ways you can download the game on Windows and Mac PC to enjoy the experience on bigger screens.
In this post, let us discuss some ways to enjoy Garena Free Fire on PC in 2023.
How To Download Garena Free Fire On PC?
The popular arcade game can be downloaded and run on Windows PC using a reliable emulator, just like any other mobile game or application.
BlueStacks is one such emulator that helps download the game on your computer with ease. It is known to be one of the most user-friendly and efficient emulators for PC and Mac.
Here are the steps you can follow to download and play Free Fire on your PC using BlueStacks.
- From your internet browser, go to the official BlueStacks website and download its desktop client.
- After downloading it, install the emulator by running the setup on your PC
- Once BlueStacks is installed, open it and access the Play Store inside it with your Google account.
- Next, search for Garena Free Fire and get it to your BlueStacks.
- The game should start running and you can log in with your existing account to play on your PC.
- Set your preferred keyboard controls using the default control mapping feature of BlueStacks.
Recommended PC Requirements for Free Fire
While you can download and run the top-rated mobile game on a PC, it is important to ensure your computer has the recommended specifications. This will make sure you can play Free Fire without any lags or frame tears.
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or later version; most AMD and Intel processors made in the past 3-4 years should be able to run the game
- Storage: Minimum 4GB of space
- RAM: 6GB or higher
- Operating System: Windows 7 or newer
- Graphics: Most new-gen GPUs, APUs, and CPUs can run the game; recommended – AMD Radeon HD 8570D/ Intel Iris 510/ Nvidia GeForce 825M
- DirectX: Version 11 or newer
Most newer PCs should not have any difficulty running the Free Fire game from the emulator. However, ensure these requirements to enjoy the experience to the fullest.
Exclusive Features of Garena Free Fire PC
There are some aspects of this game you can enjoy only when playing it on PC. Here are some key features worth checking out.
- When you play Garena Free Fire on PC, controlling the gameplay is simpler with a mouse and keyboard with key mapping for the actions
- It is possible to enjoy the experience with a framerate boost to a whooping 60fps from 25fps
- The ‘Script’ feature allows automating a sequence of actions to execute together, thereby speeding up your gameplay
- ‘Smart Controls’ feature also speeds up the actions by locking or freeing the cursor depending on what action you intend to perform, reducing the on-screen clutter
- You get a 360-degree view of the game at any time and enjoy a much faster experience than the mobile version
- There is also a multi-instance that provides the facility to play multiple simultaneous games
This is a good number of features that you won’t find in the mobile version and it is, therefore, possible that you may enjoy Garena Free Fire more than you would on mobile.
Garena Free Fire Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it possible to play Free Fire on PC without using an emulator?
No, there is no way to play the game on your Windows or Mac PC without using an emulator. Garena has not yet released an official PC version of Free Fire, so it is necessary to download it on your computer with the help of an emulator.
Which emulator you can use to play Free Fire on PC?
There are several emulators available for downloading Free Fire for PC. Some of the most popular emulators available for free on the market are BlueStacks, Memu, Gameloop, PrimeOS, Andy, LDPlayer, and more.
While Garena has not yet released a PC version of the popular game, Free Fire fascinates can use some simple steps to start playing it on their computer for free. We hope this guide guides you on downloading and running Free Fire on your PC.